Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"...sometimes, I'm not so smart," Curt says to Ally one day after he did something really stupid like putting tin foil in the microwave or some other air-heady thing like that. Today was one of those days. I got home from work about 5:30 and then went right to the gym. After the gym, I take Molly for a walk. We had a nice walk down to the little field at the other end of the apartment complex and back. We were almost home, before I did something not so smart. We were right by our patio and out of the corner of my eye, I see a shiny, dark blue Passat with chrome all over pulling into the complex. I was thinking it was a nice car. To my surprise, it slowed down. I'm thinking to myself, "Wonder what they're slowing down for", when the car slowed to a stop and the driver's window rolled down with a nice purrrrrrrrrr...revealing a beautiful blonde woman who I had seen around the complex a few times before. The woman loudly said, "Hey"...I paused, looked over..."You have the most beautiful dog!"

Now normal, intelligent men would take such an opportunity to strike up a conversation in this situation. I'd seen her around before. I think she even has a dog, a cute beagle. Did I say, "Thanks. Her name is Molly. Don't you have a dog?" Did I stop to chat? NO! That would have been too simple and effective. Instead, I said, "Oh, thanks! I'll tell her", and I KEPT ON WALKING!!!! What an idiot. I need professional help.

Sisters! Help! What should I have done?????

7 Comments:

Blogger alecia said...

a well written, self-defacing anecdote, curt. britt and i use the phrase, "its hard being dumb." its applicable here. "thanks i'll tell her" ??? oh, curt. you're one chance for a denver friend...;) jk

what he should have said:
"oh hey thanks. i adopted her from a shelter (or the truth) and i bathe her bi-weekly."
[she responds something else]
curt continues, "so, do you shower regularly? cuz if we're going to be bf/gf i need to know your sanitation habits up front."

7:33 PM  
Blogger ms aimee said...

uh, the intelligent man inside you, the one that came out far too late had the perfect response.

so ponamononus, try that next time eh?

9:54 PM  
Blogger ms aimee said...

soooo, did you let molly know? i hope so.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have to concur with aim

5:04 PM  
Blogger I'm Batman said...

Curt...Ouch, man I felt that one adn boy, you blew it. haha

8:47 PM  
Blogger Bryce said...

I know that this is a little late but I only just found you blog. But I think that this is the perfect setup. Now the next time you see this girl you can say, "I told my dog what you said and she thinks that you are pretty too." LOL

11:27 AM  
Blogger The Knight's said...

Curtis Mower...what the?
Jen (Torgersen) Knight here...I came across Alecia's blog and continued on from there! I love seeing all your faces. We had some good times back in the day! What have you been up to? Where are you? Let's catch up!
Email me at
quad88zilla@hotmail.com and I will invite you to my blog! Good to see you!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home